Food, health, soap, cosmetics, body, bath and beauty production must be handmade and/or created by said artisan/vendor. Items must have been created in the North West region of the United States (Vancouver, Canada, Washington, Oregon, Northern California).
Handmade NW does not allow for factory-made, manufactured and/or imported types of comestibles.ALL food, health, soap, cosmetics, body, bath and beauty vendors must be in compliance with health, safety, and associated laws.
- It is not the responsibility of Handmade NW, its owners/organizers, its agents, event space and their owners, agents and customers in knowing the legalities of food, consumables, health products, soap, cosmetics, body products, bath and beauty goods production, handling, presentation, distribution, sampling, and sale of products.
- Vendors are responsible for informing themselves about and act in agreement with federal, state, and local health and insurance policies and licensing requirements governing the production, handling, presentation, distribution, sampling, and sale of their products.
- Vendors providing samples of their products must comply with the rules governing market sanitation and health issues.
- Handmade NW requires copies of any permits and licenses applicable to the sale of consumable products.
- Vendors must post their organic certification in their booth area if the product is considered to be organic.
- Vendors who sample their product for consumption must use a hand washing station and comply with all Oregon Department of Agriculture food safety guidelines.
- Vendors who sell or sample a product that produces waste must have a receptacle available for customers.
- All sampling must be contained within the vendor's booth area. Please do not venture outside of your assigned booth area to sample your product.
Questions regarding safe and appropriate food handling need to be directed and are not limited to:
- ODA: http://www.oregon.gov/ODA
- Multnomah County Health Department: http://www.mchealthinspect.org
- Oregon Liquor Control Commission: http://www.oregon.gov/OLCC/index.shtml
Cosmetics, Soap, Health, Body, Bath and Beauty:
Questions regarding health, soap, body, bath and beauty products need to be directed and are not limited to:
- FDA: http://www.fda.gov/
- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission: http://www.cpsc.gov
- Federal Trade Commission: http://www.ftc.gov
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
Handmade NW, its organizers, its agents, event space and their owners, agents and customers shall not be held liable for damages to exhibitor's wares or personal property or for loss or injury caused by products sold, consumed, sampled or exhibited by exhibitors. Insurance for loss, damages or injury to Contractor/Vendor's property, to Contractor/Vendor or anyone helping the Contractor/Vendor at the booth space shall be the sole responsibility and cost of the Contractor/Vendor. The Contractor/Vendor will not be a party to any lawsuit. This is a legal and binding hold harmless agreement. The Contractor/Vendor also agree to comply with the established RULES, TERMS, CONDITIONDS, and GUIDELINES of Handmade NW and the event space of such planned events. Contractor/Vendor knows the role of Handmade NW and the event space owners is simply to provide the Contractor/Vendor with a selling space.
By accepting the terms and conditions of this document Patron/Vendor has agreed to the terms, conditions, guidelines, rules and regulations of Handmade NW LLC.