HANDMADE NW CRAFTS/FINE ARTS Membership Criteria:
- All products must be designed or created and assembled by a PacNW exhibitor. No replacement/other representatives (unless approved by HMNW organizers prior to participation) can show or sell products. Person(s) at booth must represent their own handmade product.
- Absolutely no items or articles that are not handmade will be allowed. All items must be in good taste with no reference to race or religious prejudice. No selling of manufactured items, imported items or selling of raw materials may be allowed. Craft person must be present.
- Additional Restrictions: Jewelry – all items must be one-of-a-kind and unique. All items must be designed or created by exhibitor. Imported stringed beads will not be accepted. T-shirts – must be hand painted, airbrushed or silk-screened. ALL designs that are to be replicated on to clothing and/or such materials MUST be designed by the Handmade NW artisan/member. Framed Items – must be painted or worked by hand. Framed originals may be permitted.
- No commercially made items.
- To be eligible for membership and to participate in our events you must reside in the Pacific Northwest.
- I have read all the rules carefully and agree to abide by them. I understand that all the decisions made by Handmade NW its owners/members/organizers are made in keeping with the overall objectives and quality of a handmade art and craft event experience.
Each Event Is Juried. ONLY LIMITED NUMBERS OF VENDORS WITHIN EACH CATEGORY WILL BE ACCEPTED PER EVENT IN ORDER TO PROVIDE CUSTOMERS WITH A WIDE SELECTION OF HANDMADE CREATION.
Once event applications are closed and HMNW organizers have determined artisan participants (usually a few business days after event application closure), applicants will receive an email notification of acceptance or regret within a week of event closure. Once you have received your acceptance notification, an invoice for the balance of the booth fee will be sent. Vendors will have approximately 7 days to complete full payment to secure their booth space. About 1-2 weeks before the event, participating vendors will receive event instructions, including load in and out details and event-specific information.
Remember, it is your responsibility to follow up on your application. If you do not receive any confirmation within a timely manner, you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Complications with an outdated or incorrect e-mail address may account for your not receiving a confirmation notification. Please make sure your email address is correct.
Applying for an event does not guarantee acceptance into an event.
For most events, there are many more applications than available booth spaces.
Acceptance into one event does not guarantee acceptance into all events.
Please remember, HMNW reserves the right to create a balance of artisans within each event.
Handmade NW reserves the right to refuse acceptance to any applicant/vendor, to any event, at anytime.
To view your event status, please log in your account and click on "My Events".
Displays and Decorations and Wares- Patron's Property:
Any personal/business property of Patron/Vendor or Patron's/Vendor's employees, guests or invitees brought onto the event space premises and left thereon, either prior to or following the event, will be at the sole risk of Patron/Vendor and Handmade NW nor it's owners/members/organizers will not be liable for any loss of or damage to this property for any reason. Patron/Vendor acknowledges that Handmade NW nor it's owners/members/organizers does not maintain insurance covering Patron's/Vendor's property and that it is the sole responsibility of Patron/Vendor to obtain business interruption and property damage insurance covering such losses by Patron/Vendor.
Conduct of Event and Use of Facility/Area:
- Patron/Vendor agrees to conduct the booth space/rental space during the event in an orderly manner and assumes full responsibility for the conduct of all persons in attendance at the Patron's/Vendor's booth space/rental space during the event. Patron/Vendor further agrees to the following:
- Patron/Vendor agrees to conform to all applicable laws, charters, codes, ordinances, rules and regulations of the United States, the State of Oregon and the City of Portland.
- Patron/Vendor agrees to refrain from any activities, which would be reasonably disruptive and/or offensive to Handmade NW, or it's event space, to tenants in the building/area, or which would tend to create a nuisance or damage the reputation of the building/area.
- Patron/Vendor shall comply with any rules respecting the use of the premises/area and promulgated by Handmade NW, it's owners/members/organizers and communicated to Patron/Vendor or its guests or invitees.
Damage to the Event Space/Building:
The Patron/Vendor shall pay for any damage to the event space/building caused by the acts or omissions of a Patron/Vendor and its guests, employees, licensees, or invitees. Patron/Vendor is responsible for cleaning fees and any damage to carpets/flooring caused by spillage of any matter. Patron/Vendor shall not do, nor permit to be done, upon the premises/event space anything that will tend to injure, mar or in any manner deface the premises/event space.
- Handmade NW requires a $10.00 non-refundable application fee per event. If you are ACCEPTED for said event, your application fee will be applied toward your booth fee.
- Once you receive an acceptance notification, you will need to send in your payment by the designated booth payment deadline date.
- Patron/Vendor is responsible for their own setup and take down. Patron/Vendor is expected to clean and to leave their area just as they found it.
- If your craft causes damage in your space, either to the walls or floor of the premises/event space Handmade NW will hold you financially responsible for the damage that occurs.
- PLEASE LEAVE YOUR BOOTH AREA/EVENT SPACE CLEAN!
- Patron's/Vendor's are allowed to arrive one hour prior to set up before the event starts. Please, have your booth/area ready for viewing and geared up to sell your wares when the event is scheduled to start and doors are open.
- No items may be attached to the walls/windows or any other area of the building/event space (unless otherwise noted).
- Only those items listed and accepted on Patron's/Vendor's application will be permitted in the booth area during the event. Example: Food may not be sold in a craft booth/area.
- Handmade NW cannot guarantee a specific booth space or location. We reserve the right to assign you to an area for any reason.
- Patron's/Vendor's will not be allowed to move booth/area locations once a booth/area has been assigned.
- Cancellations that occur after acceptance into the event will result in the loss of all fees.
- All Patron's/Vendor's are required to remain until closing time and allowed one hour for packing up.
- Each Patron/Vendor is responsible for their own cash box and forms of payment. Please, remember to bring change and or credit card information (laptop, if the event space has WiFi).
- Food and drinks: Please handle food and drink discreetly or ask someone to watch booth when you take a break.
- Your booth is to be staffed at all times. Handmade NW cannot stress this enough!
- No animal (with the exception of mandated Seeing-Eye or Hearing dogs assisting persons employed at or visiting the building), birds or fish of any kind shall be brought into the event.
- USE OF CANDLES: Candles are only to be displayed. Candles are not to be lit.
- SMOKING IS NOT ALLOWED IN THE VENUE/EVENT SPACE! If you feel the need to smoke you must go to a designated area and very far away from any other Partron, Vendor, Attendee, Guest and so forth!
- Immediately after unloading, please move vehicles a few blocks away from the event space/venue or move your vehicle to the designated parking area.
- Please make a copy of your application for your records.
Contractor/Vendor shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Owner/Handmade NW and its managing agents and employees from any claim, liability, damage, or loss occurring on the event premises, or any cost or expense in connection therewith (including attorney fees), arising out of (a) any damage to any person or property occurring in, on or about the event premises, (b) use by patron or its agents, guests, invitees or contractors of the event premises and/or the event building, and/or (c) Contractor/Vendor's breach or violation of any term of this Agreement.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:Handmade NW, its organizers, its agents, event space and their owners, agents and customers shall not be held liable for damages to exhibitor's wares or personal property or for loss or injury caused by products sold or exhibited by exhibitors. Insurance for loss, damages or injury to Contractor/Vendor's property, to Contractor/Vendor or anyone helping the Contractor/Vendor at the booth space shall be the sole responsibility and cost of the Contractor/Vendor. The Contractor/Vendor will not be a party to any lawsuit. This is a legal and binding hold harmless agreement. The Contractor/Vendor also agree to comply with the established RULES, TERMS, CONDITIONDS, and GUIDELINES of Handmade NW and the event space of such planned events. Contractor/Vendor knows the role of Handmade NW and the event space owners is simply to provide the Contractor/Vendor with a selling space.
By accepting the terms and conditions of this document Patron/Vendor has agreed to the terms, conditions, guidelines, rules and regulations of Handmade NW LLC.